This past week was my wonderful MIL's birthday. We wanted to make a wonderful gift for her, so we made this Handprint Garden tote. It features Little Lady's feet, Rosey Posey and Bubee's hands, and Chris and my thumbprints.
- Bag, apron or other media type.
- Acrylic paint (Depending on your media you may need a different type of paint)
- Fabric or other permanent markers
- Paper plate
- Paint brushes
2. Use the sponge to liberally apply paint to the bottom of your child's feet. "Stamp" the butterfly wings with the big toe on the outside of each wing (The left foot should be the right wing and the right foot should be the left wing).
3. Put a little paint in the palm of your child's hand and use the sponge to spread around. Cover the hand liberally.
4. "Stamp" a flower with your child's hand. Use different colors to make a colorful garden.
5. Using yellow paint, add a thumbprint for each bee.
6. Use a paint brush to add stems, leaves, and grass.
This project is great for Grandparent's day, Mother's Day, Teacher appreciation, birthdays or Christmas. It can also be done on a bag, apron, tee-shirt, canvas, or other medias. The possibilities are almost endless!
Like this idea? Pin it!!