Every year my MIL makes an amazing White Trash snack mix (BTW, If you don't like the name, I'm sorry. I didn't name it. Just Google it and you will see there are tons of variations to this all by the same name) I don't like to use a lot of expensive "Gluten Free" products, so I tweaked the recipe to use ingredients that are naturally Gluten Free. The only specialty item I had to buy was the pretzels and you could skip them if you wanted.
3 1/2 Cups Kix cereal
3 Cups Rice Chex cereal
3 Cups Corn Chex cereal
16 oz Plain M&Ms
2 1/2 Cups Salted Peanuts
2 Cups GF Pretzels
22 oz White Chocolate Chips (Most of these are GF, but just double check the ingredients)
1. Put all ingredients (minus the white chocolate) in a large bowl.
2. Melt white chocolate in microwave or double boiler. NOTE: If microwaving do so SLOWLY so as not to burn the chocolate. I suggest 15-30 sec at a time.
3. Add the melted white chocolate to the bowl.
4. Stir untill it's all well coated and you have a chunky mess.
5. Spread out on parchment paper and allow to dry/harden.
6. Break into bits and enjoy!!
As you can see, Rosey Posey could hardly wait to dig in! This is a great recipe to make for New Years or other parties. This gives your guests a Gluten Free option without breaking your budget.
Like this idea? Pin it!!