I love fun food especially in the fall. There are such vibrant colors in the fall produce that are just begging to be used. This past week I made Fall Sweet Potato Fries and got a big thumbs up from all the kids.
Sweet Potatoes ("fat" ones work best and give you a large area for cookie cutters)
Olive Oil (can substitute your favorite oil)
Pumpkin pie spice
Fall themed mini cookie cutters
1. Scrub you sweet potatoes.
2. Slice into thin slices about 1/4" in width.
3. Use cookie cutters and a sharp knife to cut fall shapes into the slices.
I admit I used a small, clean, hammer to help me cut with the cookie cutters since the raw sweet potato was so firm.
4. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I use my Tupperware wonder mat) and drizzle or spray with olive oil.
5. Season to taste with cinnamon sugar and pumpkin pie spice. (My family likes more cinnamon sugar than the pumpkin pie spice, play with the recipe and see what your family loves)
6. Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes till tender.
You can help but think fall when enjoying these. They make a great side dish, appetizer, even snack. All three of my kids, from the 2 year old up, devoured these fun fall fries!